Monday 12 December 2016

Christmas Cartoon Challenge

It's only a couple of weeks to the big day, and I'm sure we can come up with a christmas gag each. And, it's been a month or so since I drew an Area 5.1 so I'm more than due an update.

But as per my halloween cartoon I need to come up with something with an original idea that fits the normal A5.1 humour pattern.

So what have we got to work with:-
  • Elves (that's a possible, they look like small vulcans)
  • Gifts (well it'd be rude not to)
  • Stockings
  • Christmas tree (I always like the idea of showing something identifiable from a distance and then on closer inspection it's something unexpected, so that's a possible)
  •  Santa (seems a little too obvious, but maybe he has to be there even if a cameo)
  • Typical celebration foods and drinks. (turkey or brussle sprouts anyone?)
I think we tend to think of christmas in terms of how our country celebrates, but it might be nice to consider how something like christmas might happen on another world.

OK so there's lots of possibles, are you with me on this Shiela?

3 comments :

  1. Challenge accepted! I did have what I thought was a great idea this time last year, but no-one that I showed it to got it. Looking back it wasn't such a great idea as I thought. At least it's a low baseline to improve on.

    You've mentioned santa and some of the secular stuff. You've tackled creation already - why not look at Christmas from the point of view of a twee story of Zambo sending a representative to the LGMs planet, and his followers hijacking an existing festival?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels like it needs something grandiose, and there's nuggets of ideas floating about. Perhaps even a series spread across a number of days, but that could be too much work.

    Perhaps I could spread it over advent. A zambo follow on might be good, perhaps explaining his origin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a new tablet and drawing again....and my first new one is a heartwarming Christmas cartoon. http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/The_Silence_of_the_Zap/

    ReplyDelete